Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Apple

I have written this poem in honour of the apple!

It's red, green, and yellow too
With a core in the middle, just like you
It has seeds, a stem, and maybe a worm
It is usually crunchy, juicy and firm
It is a recommended snack
That you can bring to school in your backpack
It will fill up your stomach, and stop those growls
You’ll be happy and full, with no reason to howl
Though when you’re done eating, you might just need,
To go to the backyard and plant a seed
So you can grow, your own apple tree
That will have enough apples for you and me
You’ll make apple sauce, and many apple pies
You can make apple people with seeds as their eyes
But soon you’ll get sick, and never want to see,
Another apple, but maybe
An orange

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute poem! It made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I really appreciate them! Please keep them positive! ☺

~Shelley