Monday, August 15, 2011

'I don't want to gain the whole world, and lose my soul'

Buying name brands just to fit it, even though it's not your style. Wearing lots of make-up to impress a guy, even though you hate the stuff. Reading magazines so you can be 'in the know,' even though you'd rather be reading actual books. When changes like these take over your life, who are you trying to please?

The world is trying to win us over. It has taken the word beautiful, and has turned it into perfect, leaving so many girls striving for the impossible, wanting to achieve something that isn't real. We think to ourselves 'that's not me, I'd never give in like that.' But with the world's message plastered everywhere you go, it can be hard to stay true to the real you. The world is knocking on your door everyday, what if tomorrow you answer it?

Well, there's one thing that helps me get through life's sticky spots. God. He is my anchor, the thing that I can hold onto when the seas get rough and wild. He sent His son to die on the cross, so I don't have to be perfect. All I need to be is me. That's who God made me to be!

So when you need help, pray and ask for God to give you strength, and that's what you can hold onto next time the world comes knocking at your door.

also, check out this video, it came to mind while writing this post.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous15/8/11

    WOW, Shelley! I just love your blog so much! You're a very thought-provoking writer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shelley, you are an inspiration! plus i love that song :)) tobymac=♥

    -anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Anna...and Lauren...you are an amazing inspiration and I too love your blog.....beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I really appreciate them! Please keep them positive! ☺

~Shelley