Sunday, October 2, 2011

Courageous

Courage: a strength that allows you to face danger, difficulty, or pain without showing fear.

I saw the movie Courageous with a friend the other day. It's a Christian movie. I loved it. I cried and laughed and just had a great time. In the movie, one of the policemen was talking with his friends and said he needs to step up and become a better father for his family. And one of his friends told him something along the lines of 'you're already a good enough father.' The policeman replied, that's the thing, I don't want to be 'just good enough.'

That part really hit home for me. I think too many Christians today are being 'just good enough.' They meet the standards, and don't aim for higher. They do what they have to and leave it at that. But that's not what God wants from us, He wants us to be the best and give it our all. God didn't give us just enough to get by, but gave us all He had, everything.

So starting today I'm going to try to live different. Not just be 'good enough' but live life to the full extent. Let God take over, and live for Him. Ask God to give me His strength. Live a courageous life. ♥

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
~ Joshua 1:9

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so right. I've heard that verse before.. but never actually read the first part with it -- 'Have I not commanded you?' Thanks for this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see that movie so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cool! I can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so true!

    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I really want to see this!!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I really appreciate them! Please keep them positive! ☺

~Shelley