Thursday, August 23, 2012

happier than a bird with a french

I never really understood this quote. I mean, since when do birds eat french fries? Well, I guess seagulls do. But wouldn't that quote make much more sense of it said worms or something? I mean, then it would apply to a larger variety of birds, not just seagulls. 

I really like birds. There are so many different types. Such penguins, peacocks, and pelicans. But as lovely as those birds may be, today I would like to shine a light on another bird that starts with 'P.' And that bird is a parrot.

I was watching some Youtube videos a while back about parrots talking and singing. That's pretty awesome if you ask me. I certainly wouldn't mind coming home from school and having a parrot say something like "hello there beautiful!" That's what I'd teach it to say. Or sing along with it to my favourite Taylor Swift songs.

Recently we discovered a bird aviary and they had some parrots there, so I snapped some photos. And we visited a little zoo last week, and yes, there were parrots there too. So without further ado, here are some parrot pictures for you all to enjoy! :)


 
 
 
 
 

Which photo do you like the best?
What's your favourite type of bird?

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I really like the third photo. I love the colors.

    My favorite type of bird might be a penguin. =)

    Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all really beautiful, but I agree with Leah...#3.
    Just checking back for any new posts you may have written.
    I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now (5 pages back on your follow wedgit)and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great pictures! I love the fifth one, where it's preening.

    My favorite birds are raptors, which might not be a surprise due to my blogging name. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're great photos! It's a pity I'm scared of birds, or I'd appreciate the photos more! I love your blog design too.

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pics. Love the bright colourful feathers on the birds. and yeah I don't get that quote either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! did u take these pictures? they're awesome, girly :) i think the first, second, and fifth pics are my favorites. i love how colorful parrots are! i think my favorite type of bird is probably a penguin. they're soo cute :) but anyhow, just gotta say i love your blog and am looking forward to reading more of your posts in the future!

    ~Chelsea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You took those photos? They are absolutely brilliant! I am quite fond of parrots and myna birds--talking birds.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I really appreciate them! Please keep them positive! ☺

~Shelley